Bolton Market Hall was designed by architect G. T. Robinson and first opened in December 1855. The Victorian structure has stone façades, a cast iron and glass roof and is a listed building.
McLaren has recently finished construction of a state-of-the-art nine screen ‘The Light’ cinema situated on the second floor of the shopping mall. In order to construct the cinema McLaren had to undertake demolition to levels three and four of the multi-storey car park. The introduction of a new central atrium to the shopping centre gives vertical movement from the basement to the cinema by way of four new escalators and a scenic lift.
The project also included the creation of ‘The Vaults’, a new retail and restaurant area within the revamped Victorian era basement. Family favourite restaurants’ Nando’s and Prezzo are the first chains to open their doors, along with a craft beer bar, Great Ale.
All works taken place at the Grade II Listed Bolton Market Place have been sympathetic to its Victorian roots, and original brickwork has been reinstated to the facings of the vaults and the arches.
Moorgarth Group Limited
176,668 sq ft