9 April, 2019
LONDON, United Kingdom
In house role for group supporting all four business units; London, Major Projects, South and Midlands and North. The role is based at Chiswell Street in the Preconstruction and Design Team.
For a BIM specialist to engage and set up an in-house BIM team for McLaren. This is a new role for McLaren and we want a motivated and goal orientated candidate to drive and improve the graphics for bids, tenders and Asset Information Models.
- Delivering Pre-Construction Tendering Imagery in 2D & 3D.
- Evolving Pre-Construction Imagery & Output to a new standard.
- Training and Upskilling technicians across the McLaren Group.
- Developing the in-house BIM Management and Model Interrogation capability.
- Advising upon and managing the business design software licencing and requirements.
- Develop digital and virtual models at various design phases of projects.
- Creation of digital models for designer analysis and client presentation.
- Forms of work can include high quality renderings, animations, interactive visualization and virtual reality presentations.
- Candidates will develop processes to streamline the design process and develop new methods of digital visualization.
We are looking for a BIM Revit specialist with a strong interest and aptitude in architectural 3D imaging, modelling & BIM delivery who is well versed in the implementation of 3D modelling of architectural and engineering projects. This person will need to understand and interpret design data including, but not limited to:
- Traditional construction drawings
- Point clouds
- Other methods of digital models
Qualifications / Experiences:
- Candidates must be deadline driven and possess strong problem-solving skills in order to enable the use and integration of multiple software platforms.
- Although this role is as a “3D Modelling Specialist”, a background in architecture, engineering, or architectural technology is required.
- Strong focus for architectural designing and modelling is required.
- High level of proficiency in Revit and Autodesk is required.
- Proficiency in Sketchup and Rhino is required.
- Programming skills in Dynamo / Syncro is required.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is required.
- Experience with Grasshopper is preferred.
- The ability to create VR environments for designers and clients is highly desirable.
- Experience in animation programs such as 3D Max and Lumion (to help develop fly-throughs and phasing videos) is desirable.
- Familiarity with rendering, visualization, architectural drawing and image editing is desirable.
- Experience with creating AR/VR applications is desirable.
- Architectural / BIM Coordination Background and experience is desirable.