Design Manager | London
February 25th, 2020
London, United Kingdom
It is an exciting time at McLaren Construction. We are a large building contractor and work for blue chip clients to build exciting, innovative and functional buildings across the UK. Due to a significant increase in projects, a new opportunity has been created for a Design Manager to join our existing pre-construction and project delivery team in London.
Our Projects – we work across a range of sectors, we deliver interesting and challenging projects!
Our Culture – we exceed expectations, which is about never settling for second best, surprising our customers with an understanding of their marketplace and always overcoming barriers to deliver quality and innovative outcomes. Because of this we attract the right talent.
Our Team - is friendly, sociable and flexible, and best of all, we all feel valued as employees.
- Support the implementation and manage the control of the design process, ensuring that the design and procurement of specialist packages are delivered, inline with project requirements and cost parameters.
- Fully manage the development and implementation of design proposals to customer requirements and within budget.
- Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design Team including M&E elements.
- Management of 3rd parties or novated design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications, checking the competence and resources.
- Provide advice and guidance on the design proposals to the construction teams on all packages.
- Liaise with all statutory bodies/authorities as required – such as town planning, building control and services e.g. gas and water.
- Lead the development and management of the design deliverables programme
Experience, Skills and attributes...
- Our ideal candidate will currently be a Design Manager, experienced in the design process for a main contractor from preconstruction through to live projects on a new build schemes.
- It is essential you have a proven track record of delivering residential, commercial, educational and mixed use developments.
- A proven track record of delivering projects as a Design Manager within a London based main contractors
- Experience on Residential, Commercial, Education, Mixed Use projects valuing from £50m – £100m
- Proven ability to lead the Design Process from Pre-construction through to project completion
- This role will be site based in London.
For us, the right fit is important, we want progressive, innovative, problem solving team members – if you fit this background then apply today!