Project Director – South Region – Retail Scheme
25 October, 2018
Greater London, United Kingdom
It is an exciting time at McLaren Construction. We are a large independently owned Building contractor and work for blue chip clients to build exciting, innovative and functional buildings across the UK.
Our projects – We work across a range of sectors, we deliver interesting and challenging projects.
Our Culture – We exceed expectations, which is about never settling for second best, surprising our customers with an understanding of their marketplace and always overcoming barriers to deliver quality and innovative outcomes. Because of this we attract the right talent.
Our team – Is friendly, sociable and flexible.
Best of all, we all feel valued as employees
We are looking for Project Directors to join our South Region
At McLaren we look for the below qualities in a leader.
Deliver projects to achieve client and McLaren objectives, including:
- Ensuring contractual obligations are identified and understood
- Identifying, assessing and managing business, community and environmental risks
- Ensuring project controls and reporting responsibilities are put in place
- Maintaining clear communication with key stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with key senior external clients and other key stakeholders
- Clarifying key stakeholder needs and allocating resources to ensure the delivery of effective outcomes
- Managing the client’s expectations
- Understanding the client’s culture and managing the relationship accordingly
- Managing the profitability of the project by overseeing budget expenditure, conducting regular reviews against plan and budget and taking corrective actions as required
- Ensuring accuracy and timeliness of forecasts and cost reports
- Ensuring the appropriate allocation of resources to achieve the project time and quality objectives at optimal cost
- Optimizing resources to meet cost constraints and enhance McLaren’s position
- Overall accountability for safety management on the project, demonstrating commitment to SHEQ through, personal example, leadership and participation in monitoring of established working practices