Project Quantity Surveyor – Industrial & Retail
25 October, 2018
Midlands, United Kingdom
It is an exciting time at McLaren Construction. We are a large independently owned Building contractor and work for blue chip clients to build exciting, innovative and functional buildings across the UK.
Our projects – We work across a range of sectors, we deliver interesting and challenging projects.
Our Culture – We exceed expectations, which is about never settling for second best, surprising our customers with an understanding of their marketplace and always overcoming barriers to deliver quality and innovative outcomes. Because of this we attract the right talent.
Our team – Is friendly, sociable and flexible.
Best of all, we all feel valued as employees
We are currently recruiting for a Project Quantity Surveyor for a £40m Industrial & Retail Scheme at negotiation stage.
Our ideal candidate will currently be working in the capacity of an Project Quantity Surveyor on a similar value project within a recognized Main Contractor and have experience Industrial & Retail Sectors on projects in excess of £40m and be able to:
- Assist experienced Senior Surveyors with the running of projects and attending site meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of tenders, contract and project related documents.
- Help with key Commercial administration
- Maintain & update records
- Assist with on-site construction inspections
- Manage Sub Contract packages
The successful candidate will have experience in Industrial & Retail Schemes in the Midlands.
Candidates are expected to have a good understanding of the below and demonstrate a willingness to develop.
- Experience with a Top 10 Contractor – Preferable
- Experience working on schemes in excess of £30m+
- Understanding methods and technology
- Measurement and valuation
- Administration of contracts
- Subcontract / materials orders and buying
- Knowledge of the following is also an advantage, though we offer ongoing development:
- Obligations under the contract
- Claims, loss and expense
- Ability to form and develop relationships with a PQS, Design Team and Supply Chain
- Good interpersonal skills- ability to work effectively with site management and the rest of the team
- Ability to use/understand financial reports and final accounts
- Have or be working towards a degree in Quantity Surveying
If you are interested in finding out more please click the ‘Apply’ button below.