1 King William Street is the former home of Rothchilds Bank.
The 1997 extension, behind the 1920’s Grade II listed building pictured, will be 50% demolished from roof level to ground floor level leaving just a core structure. This will be replaced with a new primary structure, which when finished, will be clad in a handmade brick.
An additional lift shaft will be created to the existing quad lift core from lower ground to a new floor level 7. Following a partial demolition from roof to level 6, the same existing quad lift shafts in the South Block of the site will also be extended to the new office floor level 7.
Internally from level 6 to ground, the existing stair and lift core will be removed within the heritage block and the structure infilled.
The project will also entail the refurbishment to the heritage North block working in line with the listed building consent for the project. Interior design features include barisol ceilings to all lift lobbies, a large quantum of bespoke joinery to the ‘public’ areas.
The fit out will be taken to a CAT A finish over 100,000 sq ft.